Tax Information for Amazon Affiliates In Nigeria

Are you an Amazon affiliate in Nigeria wondering how to complete the tax information required by Amazon? You’re not alone.

There are many Nigerian amazon affiliates struggling with this very important step. I can’t count how many times that I’ve received emails as regards to this tax issue. And you know what, it’s either you complete the tax information or Amazon will withhold your Amazon affiliate earnings.

Guess what?

If you’re a Nigerian, you don’t even need to provide formal tax information since you are not a US citizen or resident. In fact, Amazon successfully validated my tax information without providing my Nigerian TIN (Tax Identification Number).

Below is a summary of the steps taken to complete my amazon associates tax information in Nigeria :

Tax Information Interview

In the tax information interview section; I completed the interview as stated below:

Who will receive income from Amazon or its subsidiary? – individual

For U.S. tax purposes, are you a U.S. person? – no

Are you acting as an intermediary agent, or other person receiving payment on behalf of another person or as a flow-through entity? – no

Tax Identity Information

In the tax identity information section, I completed the interview as stated below:

Entered my full name

Selected “Nigeria” as a country of residence

De-Selected “I have a Non-US TIN

Selected “I could not/have not obtained TIN from my local authorities because of other reasons“.

Clicked “Continue

Set “location of services perfumed” to: All services will be performed outside the U.S.

Accepted agreement/ consent.

Entered my full name as “signature

Clicked Save > Preview > Submit 

Here is what was displayed after successful validation :



“Exit interview” to continue to the Amazon associates dashboard.

Happy Selling!

NB: If you a non-US citizen wondering what you should enter as amazon associates tax information, you can follow through the steps above.

 
Powered by Blogger.